Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pre-K Thanksgiving Feast

So Riley has been excited for a while now about this big FEAST her class was throwing before Thanksgiving Break. They all made paper sack vests and head pieces with paper feathers...its a very big event in our little world. It was today. Since I'm a home-room mom I volunteered to bring some things - including the pumpkin pie.

So you know on the "Christmas Story" where the dad is ga-ga over his turkey and the mom wont let him sample even a bit...the turkey takes all day - and all day he trys to get just a little taste. That was my pie. Not that it was a masterpiece in itself (cause lets face it, pumpkin pie is pumpkin pie, not difficult to make)...BUT to keep pie out of the hands of 2 little ones and 1 big one is a task.
Well for all that know the "Christmas Story" - the dad never got to eat the turkey...because it ended up on the floor and in the dogs stomach. About an hour before Riley leaves for school I'm messing around in the kitchen. I turn around for a split second to check on where the kids were. Now do you ever have one of those moments where you see something but it doesnt quite register til a second or two later? (Like you see someone you know but dont realize you know them until they've passed). I see Cade behind me, I turn back around for maybe a mili-second and do a double take. He is on his tiptoes, pie teetering on the edge of the counter, half of the filling hollowed out with his four finger scoop, shoveling it into his face as fast as he can fill his hand.

I dont have any pictures because I was too bitter to snap them. But I'll leave you with this picture of a Turkey that Riley colored for the local grocery store's contest. Also a "turkey" that she made in MOPS last tuesday.

Happy Thanksgiving if I dont get back on before then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your commentary, Jenny! :)

- Ginny

Somebody's Nobody said...

Okay you are so funny. I'm glad that you weren't too bitter to share your pie story. We miss you guys! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I can't believe youre little baby is big enough to roll over!! AHHH!