Thursday, July 14, 2011

One last attempt...

Funny how in my last entry it was snowing and now we're in 100+ degrees weather.  At the end of the day, I have neither the time nor the energy for this blog.
I know I've lost all my friends that used to comment regularly.  However, I'm going to try one last time...and if my busy life keeps me from getting to it, I'm going to have to abandon it all together. It's had a good run...5 years this October.  But now I have 4 children and a traveling husband and it takes all my energy to just keep it together here.  I haven't scrapbooked in over 15 months (last crop was Nat'l Scrapbook Day 2010), haven't picked up my guitar in a year, and have only read about 8 books since we moved last July (before the move I averaged 2-3 per month). 
So I'm in a movement to get back to the things I love outside of being a mommy.  (Things above mentioned being at the top of my list).  But also keeping a journal of what we do, day in and day out (my online scrapbook).  I enjoy being able to go back and read things I've forgotten about AND I love reading my friends and family blogs.  It makes me feel like I know what's going on in everyone's world when you dont have the time to talk regularly. 
A week from today it will be a year since our world was flip-flopped (our move from Tulsa to STL).  No more excuses, we're settled in, we've made new friends...time to poop or get off the pot (as the sages say).  So here it is.  One final attempt to keep this blog going...if anyone out there is still with me.

4 comments:

twiceknit said...

I'm still here! I love seeing what you guys are up to, but I know how little time you must have. It's hard enough for me to do it with only one! Do take some time for yourself, as hard as it is--it shouldn't be all mommy, all the time!

Unknown said...

I'm still here. :) You might not update very often, but when you do it's always full of pictures, anecdotes and the busyness that is your life. Do what you can, when you can and don't worry about the readers- the loyal ones will always be there. :)

In the meantime though, for goodness sake, Girl, schedule yourself a crop. 15 months? Unacceptable!! :)

Pearl said...

I second what Lori says. : )

Jessica Jobe said...

I still check it all the time and it is like a present to me when you post :) Your family is beautiful and I just love you to pieces!!