Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Holidays I missed...

Holiday Catch Up.  Thought I'd send a photo or two of all the holidays I've missed in my blog absence.

St. Patty's Day.  Dog Town.  Micki and Trey.  Micki and I have been friends for 25 years now.  How is that possible?  I just turned 25 this year ;)  
 
*In Wade's defense, that is not his Bret Michaels hat)...he'd want me to let you know that.  

In St. Louis, this IS a holiday...Opening Day.  Busch Stadium. 














My friend Mandy has season tickets and asked us to go.  It was really phenomenal...I've never been to an opening day.  Fly-bys, bald eagles, hall of famers, the Clydesdale's...it was a production.  Happy we got to experience it with my other life-long friend, Mandy (again 25 years).  Mandy, Micki, and I have all been friends since 4th grade.  That's the grade Riley is going into this year.  Really hope she chooses her friends well.  I know I'm so happy to still have them in my life, we've been through a lot together.














Riley's 9th Birthday!!!














And her birthday sleepover...








One of my favorite moments from the sleepover (which thankfully had very little drama).  12 little girls all dancing to the Wii.  We only have 4 controllers but still had a dozen little dancers.  The video is the best, but it's hard to see.  You'll have to take my word for it.














April Fool's Day
A tradition from my mom...check out the kids dishes/utensils.  They LOVED this.  Each with a different color milk.  My dad still holds the record for best April Fool's joke...not sure that will ever be topped.  Wilson's know what it is, and we'll leave it at that.





Easter
Egg Coloring...


I hosted Easter dinner at my house which was the 1st time I'd ever made a ham.  My kids all looked so beautiful before we left for church, but I didn't get a picture until the end of the night.  JP was exhausted and not in the mood to take pictures, so this will have to do as our Easter pic this year. 




JP turned 2!  But he didn't know what to do...
Luckily he has a few veterans to show him the ropes.  
Why do we buy him presents anyway...this box was his favorite thing to play with.
Mother's Day! 
This year the best present my kids gave me was a nap! 
Memorial Day
We had a stellar Memorial Day.  We had a little family baseball game, took the kids fishing, swam at our pool, and grilled a feast (salmon with a jalapeno/fruit salsa, kabobs, grilled pineapple...)   


Grillmaster Wade...














Fathers Day (x3)
Celebrated thrice with the 3 greatest father's I know

Papa Pec
Grampa Top Gun
and Wonderful Wade














And the Mack Daddy of all...My very favorite holiday...Independence Day!
I just LOVE everything about the 4th. 
Sunny weather, tank tops, flip flops, fireworks, cook-outs, swimming, friends/family, parades, the kids excitement...all to celebrate the greatest country in the world!
My friend Sherri snapped this picture.  It wasn't intentional, but love that our house is in the background behind us. 

More to catch up on later...

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Love all the pics! So happy for you guys that you have really settled into your new life in STL nicely!!! You all are very lucky and blessed!!!!