Sunday, March 20, 2011

February 2011 in Pictures

Started February off with a snow day...
And they kept coming...feel like the kids are going to go to school all summer.   
Here's a sampling of our snow days.
 

 (Cant really tell from this picture, but I built 2 forts for the kids)...they used it for snowball wars. 

Superbowl.  For the first year in many we didn't host a Superbowl party.  It was WEIRD.  Quiet.  We actually got to watch the game...(well Wade watched the game, I watched the commercials).  The favorite...no question...
 
Probably watched it 20 times.  Think we loved it so much because we live it.  No doubt about it, we're a Star Wars family, everyone in this house loves Star Wars...see below. 
The Hulk vs Vader.  JP screaming in the back...normal night in our house. 

Goodbye...
You will not be missed. 
Like I said in my last post, I had Lasik.  There was pain...mostly just the first day.  Nice doctor gave me a Valium after surgery so I'd sleep through most of it.  Worst part...a week of ripping off the tape on my protective eye sheilds each morning...AND scrubbing my face of all the sticky residue.  Best part...HAD to stay in dark bedroom with eyes closed for the afternoon/evening of my surgery (Ahhh...quiet....something I NEVER get).  Riley was so sweet.  She desperately wanted to cook me breakfast in bed the day after AND it had to be pancakes and chai tea latte...really sweet thought.  Loved every bit of it...until I had to get up and clean up the kitchen...from my breakfast and theirs.  C'est la vie...my siesta didn't last long.
Riley has such a big heart.  I love that she thought to do that AND she was so adamant with Wade on what she wanted to make and wanted to do it all herself, with no help from the him or the kids. 
 
Before Valentines Day, Cade got off the bus with 6 green hearts he made in class.  He had 6 different sizes starting with a tiny one for JP and a they went up from there.  That night after we did homework, ate dinner, took Riley to tumbling, put all the kids through the bath, Wade and I exhausted, walked into our room to find this and I just melted.  What a sweet kid. 
Brooke keeps spilling at the kitchen table so we decided to put her in the high chair...JP didn't like it one bit.  He'd scream at her and push her across the floor trying to get her out.  The rest of us laughing hysterically.  Poor kid...it was just SO hilarious we couldn't help it.

One more note about Cade.  The boy is neat.  He keeps a VERY clean room.  Even filling out his valentines.  He separated them by color and stacked them into neat piles as he filled them out.  I used to be like that.  Before I had FOUR children I was uber organized.  I've laxed a bit on that the last couple of years...now a days I'm just trying to stay afloat. 
  
Valentine Parties.  Very. Big. Deal.  Valentines parties might be a bigger deal than Christmas parties.   
Mondays we have gymnastics so we had to eat  a late Valentine dinner.  Tonight we had fondue.  Such a great dinner with all sorts of fresh vegetables, a couple fruits, chicken and bread.  Dessert was chocolate covered strawberries.  Very Valentin-ey!
Typical meal time...Sampson knows the best seat in the house for getting fed.

Helping me unload the dishwasher.  This one doesn't take after his brother in the "neatness" category.

The best birthday gift.  Wade and the kids detailed my car for me.  The windexed windows, vacuumed mats, and cleared out all the toys.  A much needed bath for the old silver bullet.  Perfect, perfect gift...
that AND having the 4 best kids on the planet!

Saturday night, family movie night. 

Riley began basketball at the end of the month and loves it!  She's out there with all boys (one other girl on her team of 11).  She hustles, she's energetic, this may be a really good match for her.   

Hope to catch up with March before April hits...stay tuned.

2 comments:

twiceknit said...

Thanks for the lasik details. So jealous! And love the picture of JP pushing Brooke in the high chair. I can so see Will doing that. Of course, he doesn't want anything to do with the high chair when we want him to sit in it!

Jessica Jobe said...

This made my day! Glad you all are doing well all of you beautiful people. It will eventually feel like Spring and I am coming over to spend some time with you!! love you