Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Card Hostage Situation

We just didn't have time to take a family picture for our Christmas card this year. We've been unbelievably busy and some have recognized the "recycled" picture from our Colorado trip. Yes, I could have sent one of just the kids, but I personally like getting pictures of the whole family. I love seeing the kids, but I miss seeing my mommy and daddy friends too. So, instead of holding my Season's Greetings hostage for a new picture (which might not happen in '07), I decided we would simplify and use one we already had.
5 more days!

4 comments:

Heath and Pearl said...

Unacceptable. Pearl wanted to use a wedding picture and I said that wouldn't work. You would have the biggest problem with it. Now here you go and pull this boner. Expect a card from Target from us.

the Clarks said...

I beg to differ...Your wedding is the biggest event in your life (until your kids are born)...that would be a perfectly acceptable picture.

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to open my mail yesterday I was counting on the fact that you always send a Christmas card and low and behold it was there and I loved your photo. My favorite thing is that you and wade are always in the pic...beautiful as ever. Miss you all the time...Much Love Jess

Unknown said...

I can't think of a better picture than the one you sent...A picture of your family spending time together, happy and relaxed. Who cares where or when the picture was taken? I loved it!

I'm with you, Jenny, about family Christmas cards. I like getting cards with my friends' kids, but I LOVE getting pictures of the whole family. Maybe people think it's weird, but we always try to send a family photo.

We had to get a professional photo done this past Saturday, in a crunch, which is not my first choice of ways to do it. I usually like casual, relaxed pics at home or outside. But, since I have been sick for 4 months there were no candid, happy photos of the 3 of us recently. :-)

Hey Heath, if your wife wanted to send out pictures of your beautiful wedding, why did you nix her idea? Family and friends receiving your card would have loved that. Always trust your wife's instincts on this stuff. :-)