Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Big Yellow Monster

Monday was hard. Very hard.

I felt like heart was ripped out of my chest.

Riley got on as if she'd been doing it for years...no fear, no looking back.

It was really rough on us, I had knots in my stomach all day. Cade kept asking for his "Wy-wee", which was hard. They are best buds...Mommy is not as good a playmate.

They like to rip off the sheets and make forts, mommy likes the beds to stay made...but just for today we did what we could to make it easier for both of us.



We made her cookies for when she got home. I know it would have been easier for me if I had taken and picked her up.
The bus didn't drop her off until 4:15!

Yesterday and today have been easier but I don't even think her going to kindergarten all day is the problem. We definitely stay busy...I think the bus is the hardest part.

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Riley looks different, like she has just grown within in the last 2 weeks! We are wondering if you cut her bangs???

Unknown said...

I just figured out this weekend, when I was working on my blog, that I can leave comments for other people on each of their entries. Slowly but surely I'm learning how to do this. Yeah! Anyway, I loved reading about Riley's 1st day of Kindergarten; she looked so pretty and grown up!! I feel for you...I'm sure it was a very LONG, gut wrenching day for you (and Cade). Thanks for sharing! Lori